Hide All | Show All
Child-Friendly Websites and Online Activities
Remember to visit the Website before you show it to your Little. Some provide ideas or information, but may not be fun for a child.
- http://www.search-institute.org/– information, knowledge and resources to promote healthy children, youth and communities.
- http://www.mentoring.org/– general mentoring resources.
- http://www.youthwork.com/links.html#genl– links to youth-related resources including substance abuse, general health, behavior and more
- https://www.dosomething.org/us– opportunities for youth to get involved with local and national issues
- https://drugabuse.com/treatment-centers/maine/ – information about local rehabilitation centers and alcohol treatment programs
- https://www.safehome.org/resources/outdoor-safety-health-guide/ – information about outdoor safety and health
- AddictionCenter.com/Teenage-Drug-Abuse/Teenage-Substance-Abuse-Prevention/– information about teenage substance abuse prevention
- AlcoholRehabGuide.org/resources/underage-drinking/- information about underage alcohol abuse and also resources
- https://generalcontractorlicenseguide.com/guide-to-lightning-safety-at-home-and-outdoors/– tips on what to do in a lightning storm, life-saving information on what to do after a lightning strike, and indoor, outdoor, child, senior, and pet guidance that will help keep entire families safe.
- https://pacificbeachhealth.com/top-tips-for-parent– General Principles of Parenting When Dealing with Adolescent Behavior Problems
Online Learning Activities
- American Library Association
- Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
- College scholarships with FastWeb
- College scholarships
- Education helper
- Encyclopedia/ Information
- Math Stories
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Kaplan Test Prep
- Financial Literacy for Kids
- Fire safety for Kids